What is Emotional Intelligence or Emotional Quotient?

EI or EQ means your emotional makeup. How well are you able to handle yourself and the people around you? Love, happiness, fear, hate, shame, disgust, sadness, and anger are some of the emotions which directly affect your life. To be successful in your professional life or personal life you need to learn to use your emotions to your advantage.

How do you differentiate between EQ and ID?

IQ is the level of your academic intelligence: such as exams passed, marks obtained, degrees, and intellectual credentials. Qualifying for IAS, IPS, doctor, engineering, computer science, or in some top exam to get a job. All these are the intelligence of academic variety. EQ is how smart are you outside the classroom or when you are faced with difficult situations in life. Here you do not need IQ but need a different kind of intelligence, which psychologists call EI or EQ now. Psychologists have concluded after researching that IQ accounts for only 20 % of a person’s success in life. The rest 80 % of success is attributed to EQ.

Can psychological assessment give 100% accuracy?

May or may not be. If you are honest in giving answers to the situations, then accuracy can be achieved up to 99 confidence level.

How these situations are identified in this EQ instrument?

The authors have followed three psychometric methods to retain the relevant situation in an adult population of 10,000. The methods used are : 1. Item discrimination 2. Item reliability 3. Item validity

What is the reliability index of this EQ Test of 22 real-life situations?

The present test is highly reliable as well as valid. This test has internal consistency and temporal stability for the adult population.

How can one differentiate between a genuine and fake eq test?

The Internet is full of FAKE EQ tests by FAKE psychologists, counsellors, motivational speakers, coaches, etc. The genuine EQ test will always mention its reliability and validity and the population on which it has been tested. Hence do not shy away from verifying the authenticity of psychologists you visit as you do in the case of a medical doctor.

Can EQ be developed?

Certainly, you can develop your EQ by putting in sincere efforts, and/or you undergo a program for developing emotional intelligence.

How often one should undergo EQ testing?

Twice. Firstly, to know your level of EQ, and second after adopting techniques to improve it, say after 100 days. This will give you the information above about the improvement in your EQ level.

Can you give us an example of Low and High EQ/EI?

There is an example of two officers namely SAM and JOSE: Both had joined the same service, had identical training, both had a good ranking in schools and colleges, and universities, both qualified for the exam in the same batch. However, the moment they joined the service all similarities disappeared.
SAM: Arrogant, he would put people off, remained busy with his computer, was not social, was not a team leader, and believed in technical details everywhere. He got transferred every 6 months and would blame the system, his performance appraisal was poor. (Low EI)
JOSE: On the other hand, Jose was adept interpersonally, everyone liked him, he was empathetic to subordinates, was a helping hand, enthusiastic, and would take additional responsibilities, a team leader, his superiors rated him high. (High EI)

What is a trained Psychologist?

A psychologist is a person who is professionally trained in one or more branches of psychology. Psychologists have advanced degrees like graduation, post-graduation, Ph.D., or other required qualifications. Psychologists use psychotherapy (talk therapy) to help people with psychological problems such as depression, anxiety, stress, etc. They are also trained to do mental health assessments, research, and other organizational consultations.
Some psychologists are employed in colleges and universities, hospitals and clinics, the developmental sector, sports, wellness, gerontology, career decision-making, judiciary, and soft skill development. These days a large number of them are in self-practice offering counselling and guidance. In most countries across the globe, psychologists are not supposed to prescribe drugs which a job is done by psychiatrists.

Is the EQ test on this website free or one has to pay for it?

The EQ tests are on a payment basis and reasonably priced. There are two EQ tests. The EQ test for Professionals has been priced at Rs 1499 (USD 20) and the EQ test for adolescents/children has been priced at Rs 499 (USD 7)

Know your EQ Score !

With this Emotional Quotient Test, you will find out what emotion types you have. Discover who you truly are with our detailed Emotional Intelligence Test.
This test will evaluate several aspects of your emotional intelligence and will suggest ways to improve it.

Take the Assessment Today.

Take Action