Emotional Intelligence for Parents

Emotional Intelligence for Parents : An Overview

The parents often wonder what determines success? Is it primarily your intelligence level or intelligence quotient (IQ), or is it your personality characteristics, or is it a combination of several things? According to the proponents of emotional intelligence (EQ), a person’s emotional make-up largely determines his or her professional success.

They believe that EQ is the most important determinant of the extent of professional and personal success in life. It is interesting to note that so many people with high IQ fail whereas those with less intellectual endowment are extremely successful. Even in certain renowned business establishments, where people are trained to be smart, the most valued and productive managers are those who have a high emotional intelligence level, and not necessarily those with the highest IQ.

“We are establishing the instrumental reliability on a different population and tool reliability we have obtained calculated indexes given which is over 0.9 that is split-half reliability and test-retest reliability. ”
Prof.(Dr.)N.K.Chadha & Dr. Dalip Singh

Such examples abound in business, politics, academia and administration. It is increasingly recognised that IQ may account for only about 20 per cent of a person’s success in life. The remaining 80 per cent depends largely on a person’s emotional intelligence, i.e., EQ. The People are being judged by a new yardstick: how well they are able to handle themselves and others and not merely in terms of their academic qualifications and expertise. This yardstick is increasingly being applied to decisions regarding the hiring and firing of employees, who will be retained and who will be side-lined and who will be promoted. It is said that in the corporate world a person is recruited on the basis of his or her IQ, but is promoted on the grounds of his or her EQ. These new rules

Know your EQ Score !

With this Emotional Quotient Test, you will find out what emotion types you have. Discover who you truly are with our detailed Emotional Intelligence Test.

Test for Professionals Test for Adolescent